Gam and I decided a while back that the first thing she’d do when she got to Heaven was have a cup of real coffee.
Which she is enjoying right now.
Gam passed away this evening.
And while words fail me, there are a couple things I know.
1. She’s going to have all the good coffee she wants.
2. She’s going to dance, and sing, and hang out with Jesus.
3. She’s going to lead conga lines.
4. She’s going to find out that Jesus won’t play Scrabble with her unless she cleans up her language.
5. She’s going to go dancing with Pop. And he’s going to have to deal with it.
6. She’s going to teach karate classes. She’s a ninja after all, and the very best.
7. She’s going to wear a dress that is even more beautiful than her favorite blue one.
8. She’s going to feed seagulls.
9. She’s going to take Fluffer for long walks on the beach.
10. She’s going to try to say “Shit” in front of God — and He won’t be having any of it.
And she’d sure as Hell remember that she’s my favorite.
Because she is.